Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow Program
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is offering a bus subsidy to classes participating in the Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow program to help cover the cost of transportation to and from the outdoor education centre.
Schools are responsible to arrange and pay for their busing according to school board policies and guidelines. Upon completion of all program requirements, busing costs (excluding HST) up to a maximum amount of $500.00 per class will be reimbursed.
Classes that have participated in the Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow program are eligible to receive the subsidy. (One application is accepted per class trip. Schools where multiple classes have participated and have received multiple trips should submit a separate application for each class trip.)
- Completion of all phases of the Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow program.
- Completion of the program survey by the teacher and/or administrator most involved in all aspects of the Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow program. (A link will be provided to the lead teacher during or following the Phase 3 in-class program.)
- Payment of the TRCA student invoice by the school.
To receive reimbursement, please complete and submit the application form below within 14 days following completion of the program.
TRCA will issue reimbursement payments three times per year directly to the school board. The school board will disperse the reimbursement amounts to individual schools through their internal accounting processes. (Reimbursement cheques will no longer be issued directly to the school.)
TRCA will confirm approved reimbursement amounts with the applicant by email.
To complete your application, you will need to have the following information ready:
- Trip dates
- Name of outdoor education centre visited
- Internal school account code (to facilitate the transfer of your reimbursement to your school from your school board)
- PDF of the invoice(s) related to busing to and from the outdoor education centre for the trip date indicated. (Please combine all documents in ONE PDF file)
Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow
BUS SUBSIDY APPLICATION FORM
To be considered for the Environmental Leaders of Tomorrow Bus Subsidy, please complete and submit the application form below. Please submit ONE application per participating class.
Only schools that have met the eligibility criteria and conditions will receive the subsidy.
Questions or Concerns? Please Contact:
Program Manager, Integrated Learning, Education and Training, TRCA
T: (437) 880-1986